Saturday, August 8, 2009

Ohio...

I slept really well last night. Remarkably well in fact.

It's been a good summer. Checks on the life list include:

-Living with children (and adults) from 13 different countries
-Teaching and then repeatedly defeating these same children in "knock-out"
-Becoming a Doctor
-Exploring in detail the bustling metropolis that is Piqua, Ohio
-Learning that Cincinnati isn't completely awful
-Eating the best ribs I've ever tasted
-Reminding myself constantly about the deliciousness of Stromboli and Blue Moo Cookie Dough Ice Cream.

As you can see, an excellent summer is coming to an end. And the journey continues.

But the weather is not going to get any cooler. And I'm still completely unprepared to be called "Mr. Kennedy" for the next 10 months.

So far, we have the United States. Canada. Mexico. United Kingdom. France. Italy. Greece. Kenya (I have the dirt to prove it). Uganda. El Salvador.

And Haiti? Tomorrow? Yes.

Peace

ps. If anyone wants to read about my summer in Uganda, here are some thoughts: http://www.jbkuganda.blogspot.com/

1 comment: