Sunday, August 15, 2010

CBA Shirt

For those who might be unaware, there is a certain shirt that has been dear to my heart for many years. Ever since I first donned the shirt as a 6th grade basketball player, my "CBA Shirt" has traveled with me. Not all our journeys had the luxury of being photographed, but I have been able to scrape together a few from the archives. Enjoy!



*Columbus, Ohio. Ti Moun. (Summer 2002)


*Chicago, Illinois. High School "Senior trip" (March 2005)


*Washington DC. Iraq War protest (September 2005)


*Crater Lake, Oregon (July 2006)


*Columbus, Ohio. Relaxing with friends (August 2006)


*New Orleans, Louisiana. Gutting a water-damaged home. (October 2006)


*New Orleans. A frontal view. And yes, NOLA mostly killed the CBA shirt...


*LCS, Haiti. Painting (Fall 2009)


*LCS, Haiti. Halloween, as "Rue National 3" (October 2009)


Sadly, I did not bring the shirt to either Uganda or El Salvador. And most sadly, it seems like its final resting place will be the incinerator of Louverture Cleary School, Santo, Hait...

PS. I return to Haiti tomorrow and will be working with The Haitian Project and Louverture Cleary School for what will likely be another challenging yet fruitful year. I promise to update more this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment